Thursday, June 05, 2008

Let's Fly Tonight

The clock's running down
The team's losing ground
To the opposing defense
The young quarterback
Waits for the snap
When suddenly it all starts to make sense

He's got all kinds of time
He's got all kinds of time
All kinds of time
He's got all kinds of time
All kinds of time

He takes a step back
He's under attack
But he knows that no one can touch him now
He seems so at ease
A strange inner peace
Is all that he's feeling somehow

He looks to the left
He looks to the right
And there in a golden ray of light
Is his open man
Just as he planned
The whole world is his tonight

- All Kinds of Time, Fountains of Wayne

Sometimes, just sometimes, one feels like letting go of everything. Oh yes, the feeling lasts only a moment. And it should. It must. But tonight, I feel like floating. Flying. Let’s. Yes? We will.

4 comments:

  1. "Oh yes, the feeling lasts only a moment. And it should. It must."

    Hmmmm. It MUST.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm.. haven't been here for a while! what else can u expect fro a person who had gorged on 'sleeping tablets' when the last time he was here.. :)


    How's life coming along?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knew I'd heard this somewhere!

    You take freaky red picture? looks like an industial plant or something..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Piper: MUST it is. I hear you.

    GBF: Had I been Marvin, I would have retorted, "Life. Don't talk to me about life." But I am just pretending to be him. So I'll just say you haven't missed much. Nice to see you here though.

    El(ementary): It was just a coincidence I played it last night. "Baaki", as buzarg log kehte hain, "history hai."

    Oh it's a plant alright. Doesn;t it look like hey are about to launch into the sun? Not mine mind you.

    ReplyDelete